Today is blog action day, and this year’s topic is the environment.
(I’m a day late in Australia – sorry!)
Here are my 10 tips for being happy and environmentally responsible.
1. Only buy what you need. If all you need is a small car, buy a small car.
2. Only use what you need. Make things last longer – from the DVD player to the shampoo bottle.
3. Turn everything off when you’re done using it. Lights, TVs, computers – you name it. Just make it a habit.
4. Think before you print.
5. Leave the car at home when you can. Walk, take the bus, ride a bike.
6. Get a shower timer and take shorter showers. Save the relaxation for outside the bathroom.
7. Open the mail over your paper recycle bin.
8. Let windows and clothes help your personal temperature management – and take the pressure off your heater and air-conditioner.
9. Vote with your purse. Avoid buying from environmentally irresponsible companies. Say no to overpackaged stuff.
10. Be conscious of your impact on our world. Be happy that you’re a responsible earth citizen.
Here’s what some other bloggers had to say for blog action day: